Judy Robinett has led both public and private companies as CEO and served in management positions at Fortune 500 companies. She is on the advisory boards of Illuminate VC, Pereg VC, and Springboard Enterprises. Judy previously served as a managing director of Golden Seeds Angel Network and as a member of the faculty of Goldman Sachs’ 10,000 Small Business Program. Judy’s book, “How to Be a Power Connector: the 5+50+150 Rule,” was named the #1 business book of 2014 by Inc. She has been profiled in Entrepreneur, Vogue, Fast Company, Forbes, CBS, Huffington Post, and Bloomberg Businessweek.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Judy’s background
- Why networking is crucial for biz-dev (and why referrals alone is not a biz-dev strategy)
- The 5+50+150 Rule: why you need to target 50 people
- Why there is no lack of money keeping you from getting funded
- Positioning yourself to be invited to the right events (and which events you should target)
- Judy’s strategies for being a good networker and how she interacts with strangers
- How to deepen the relationships you already have
- Why you need to kick fear to the curb and just talk to people
- How to provide consistent value to your network so that you keep relationships fresh
- Why you should reach out to people you feel like are above you
- Judy’s Top Ten Power Connecting Tips
Ways to Contact Judy Robinett:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!