For several years Jake owned a video production agency. His business partner was the brilliant technician and he was the guy who got the agency the work. Jake landed multiple Fortune 500 clients and A-List touring artists by running a dream client campaign.
After leaving the video agency, Jake went out and worked as a digital marketing and web consultant for several years and eventually realized that he was much better at getting the work than he was doing it. At that point, Jake started pairing with other agencies to help them win more clients.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why you need to look at new business as an art form
- How to get started getting better at new business
- How to make the most of your time at conferences as it relates to new business
- How to effectively follow up with contacts you make at conferences
- How to stay top of mind with people who aren’t ready to buy now
- Why your prospect list can’t be too big and why you need to stay very personal with them
- Why strategic partnerships have gotten even more important as agencies become specialists
- Why you need to carve out at least an hour a day for working on new business (and why it’s a good idea to do it away from the office)
- Why you need to figure out what your actionable objectives are and then break them down
- How to get referrals that are exact fits for the kinds of clients you want
Ways to Contact Jake Jorgovan:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!