Joe Pulizzi is the founder of Content Marketing Institute, the leading education and training organization for content marketing, which includes the largest in-person content marketing event in the world, Content Marketing World. Joe is the winner of the 2014 John Caldwell Lifetime Achievement Award from the Content Council. Joe’s fourth book “Content Inc.” was just released. His third book, “Epic Content Marketing” was named one of “Five Must-Read Business Books of 2013” by Fortune Magazine.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What agencies and clients need to do to develop a content marketing strategy that actually succeeds
- Why you need to focus on your email list more than people you are connected with on social media
- How agencies can leverage their own content better
- Why you need to focus on content in specific platforms over trying to be everywhere
- What differentiates the agencies that do content marketing extremely well
- Old school deliverables that still work today
- Why you need content marketing mission statement
- Why the editing process is a crucial part of content marketing
- The ways smart agencies get smart enough to create valuable content
- Things agencies can do right now to get the content marketing techniques discussed in this episode rolling
- Joe’s events
Ways to Contact Joe Pulizzi:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!