Jody Sutter started her career in sales and ended up working in agencies leading the new business teams. Today she runs The Sutter Company, a business development consultancy. She spends a lot of time working with agencies to take a more proactive approach to growing their business with a special emphasis on how they communicate and tell their unique story.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why strong writing is more important than ever in our digital age
- The major mistakes that agencies make when presenting themselves in writing
- How to avoid making the big mistakes agencies make when responding to RFPs
- Why editing is so important for improving your team’s writing, how to get good at it, and what you should keep in mind if you are outsourcing the editing
- How agencies can differentiate themselves through storytelling
- The Pixar pitch
- The “5 things that you can do to make your writing better right away” checklist
- What you need to do to assess whether or not your writing needs improvement
Ways to Contact Jody Sutter:
We’re proud to announce that Hubspot is now the presenting sponsor of the Build A Better Agency podcast! Many thanks to them for their support!